Monday, May 26, 2008

KYMBA - Capital View XC




My husband, my doggie Button and I headed down to KY for the 3rd race of the KYMBA series. Despite some poor directions (my fault) we managed to arrive with about a half hour to spare. I was sorta nervous before the race, perhaps because my stomach felt hungry and I had only had a few pancakes and a lone energy gel. We (pro/expert) women took off after the sport guys. I had a good start but sort let the pro racer in our field go ahead of me. I stayed on her wheel for a while but I had to do a lot of passing during the race and I lost enough time that I didn't see her again. The course was a blast and I was loving my 29er on the uphill rooted sections. I felt pretty good during the race but I wish I'd have put the hammer down a bit more. I ended up finishing 2/4. My skills are coming back & I'm getting a tiny bit faster each race. Next weekend I'll be headed to the DINO race out in Brown County, IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment