Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Devil in the White City!


View CX Jack Park Course 2 in a larger map

So I've been reading Larson's "Devil in the White City" about making the 1893 World's Fair, and the serial killer that preyed upon young women during the fair. I can't wait to ride down there and explore the park and imagine the scenes in the book coming to life. The weekend before my visit there will be a cyclocross race down there! So I plan to ride down and get some hot laps in and ride back.

Also, watching all these Olympics make me wanna try a velodrome too. Hmm. There's one in Chicago. Perhaps I will have a go.  http://www.chicagovelocampus.com/

If I want to MTB on my CX bike, I could potentially go here:
Palos Forest Preserves
9800 South Kean Avenue Palos Hills, Illinois 60465

There is also a pump track that might be fun to visit on the ole Redline CX bike:

View Larger Map

No comments:

Post a Comment