Thursday, June 17, 2010

Race #39: Sampson and Delilah?


I was working a lot this week but I really wanted to give the Crit a try again. Unfortunately I have been so busy I really haven't slept too much and my stress levels were red-lining. But I pushed myself to get to the race.

So the gun goes off and I have a good start. There are Preems for the first ten laps. At first I didn't care, but after a lap I was still up front so I thought I would try to reel this guy back in. Bad idea. I hammered on the front for a couple laps and on the uphill of my third lap I found myself pushing about 27-28 mph and running out of gas. I ended up throwing out the anchor and getting spat out the back. I kept the pack in sight for about two more laps and then they disappeared.

Every time I came around everyone was looking at me like I might be the leader, and I could see the pity in their eyes when they realized I was some dropped schmuck. So I pulled over and DNF'ed. I was so upset.

I went home and got a lovely ride in with Bjet. It turned my frown upside down. She blames my lack of sleep, but I can't help but notice that I haven't been riding as strong since I shaved off my EuroMullet....

No comments:

Post a Comment