Monday, September 5, 2011

A lovely day


I woke up and there was a chill in the air. The sky was gloomy but in a good way. It's one of those days you sit inside and eat comfort food, watch great movies and listen to jazz. It also felt like great cyclocross weather.

Went to BioWheels to have all my mountain bikes and cross bike ready to race. Brought Kona with me, chilled with Mitch B.S.'in about race stories.

Then I grabbed a quick lunch from Coffee Please in Madiera. Took Kona down to these trails next to the Little Miami river. She ran next to the cross bike and I had a little picnic on the shore while we played fetch with a stick in the water. She swam for about 45 minutes then we hit the trails for another half hour. I was so content. It's days like this I am happy to be alive. Thank God and Grover Cleveland for Labor Day!



Later lil' Bjet and I went for a recovery ride on the mountain bikes on some local hiking trails. I had a bit of fun throwing on my leaders jersey from the day before for a change of pace!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pic of you and Bridgie. You're both adorable. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete