Monday, December 17, 2012

To rest or not to rest?

So last year once the OVCX season ended I really hit the training hard getting ready for Worlds.
I started setting new best times on my familiar routes and I logged more miles once I stopped racing.

But this year I am feeling very overtrained and drained. Plus, a lot of desk time has led to some muscle injury in my back and hamstrings.

So maybe this week I'll take some time off, see how I heal. Planning to set a new base until the end of the month. Go out for long, fun rides and remind myself what those old familiar routes look like.

I ran and rode 725 miles last year. Can or even should I try to top it this year? We'll see.

I'll try to really focus on stretching and yoga too. Plus some TriggerPoint and Stick massages, and hopefully some ART treatments at Norwood Chiropractic will sort me back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment