Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Kerstperiode


I was pondering wether to rest or not at the end of last month. Well, I decided to try and topple my mileage for December 2011. With plenty of time off of work I looked forward to some epic rides and setting a "new base" for some intense training leading up to Masters CX Worlds in Luhvuhl, Kuntucky.

Kerstperiode is celebrated in Belgium with 7 CX races in 11 days between Christmas and New Year's. This is based upon the 7 cyclocross races that Joseph had to race to earn money for the return trip from Bethlehem to Nazareth. Let it be noted he placed 4th, 2nd, 3rd, 36th, 1st, 1st, and 3rd. Payment? Goats. Goats. And more podium goats.

My kerstperiode was more about hours and miles in the legs and cutting back on racing. I wanted to go to the final CapCity but my sister was in town and I opted to stay local. Well, mother nature had other plans for my kerstperiode. She decided to pour cold rain down upon us, relegating me to some trainer workouts and runs when I would have loved to ride to Rabbit Hash or ride an epic hill ride.

The nice thing about the colder temps and some precipitation was waking up super early and going for some mountain bike rides. Rode East Fork with Rogue Pals, Versailles with BioBuds and a solo ride at Tower Park.

I did get a wee bit of CX training in. I would wake up early and do a CX workout at some local trails or I would ride up to Kings for some training races. Nice to do the sport I love without the pressure of packing the car and traveling.

Legs are feeling rested again with less intensity although the running was a bit tough on 'em. 

I hope all of you had lovely holidays and may we have a lovely 2013 full of epic rides!

No comments:

Post a Comment