Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Biometrics in 2013

We had another Biometric screening at work, trying to track all these results. I am rather nerdy about checking blood pressure and I like to make sure I take care of myself.

I feel my riskiest behavior is actually working. I have noticed working long hours and not sleeping enough has a negative effect on my blood pressure.

My body fat % has gone up, mainly because I am not working out my upper body. I got down to 10% last year, doing swimming, yoga, running and weights.

7/9/2013
Weight: 142 lb
Height: 68 in
Waist: 31 in
BMI: 21.6 kg/m2
Body Fat %: 11.0

----------------------------------------

Blood Pressure: 106 systolic / 61 diastolic mmHg
Pulse: 49

----------------------------------------

Total Cholesterol: 188 mg/dl
HDL: >100 mg/dl (good cholesterol)
LDL: NA (unreadable/<100 nbsp="" span="">mg/dl (bad cholesterol)
Triglycerides: 55 mg/dl
TC/HDL Ratio: 2.0% (should be under 3.5%)

----------------------------------------

Blood Glucose: 85 mg/dl





This is nerdy but I frequently track my blood pressure and weight to see how lifestyle factors effect my health. Every time I go to the Kroger i jump on that lil machine by the pharmacy. They must think I am a loon.

2/13/2013
Weight: 145 lb
Blood Pressure: 124 systolic / 78 diastolic mmHg
Pulse: 48 bpm

This was at the dentist, my blood pressure is always high there! Aside from the obvious perhaps it is because I am coming from work too, having to run out the door for a dental appt.
----------------------------------------

2/28/2013, returning from vacation
113/77, pulse 59

Lean mass: 128.4 lbs/86.2%
Fat mass: 20.6 lbs/13.8%
Hydration: 3.7 lbs (consistent diet of beer and coffee at altitude?)
Weight: 149 (147 on home scale, the most I have weighed in over a year)
----------------------------------------








No comments:

Post a Comment