Sunday, July 27, 2008

Alum Creek

Well, this pretty much sums up my race today:

"Everybody wants to say, 'I couldn't win because of this or that,' " Landis says. "To my way of thinking, it doesn't matter if your goddamn head fell off or your legs exploded. If you didn't make it, you didn't make it. One excuse is as good as another."
- F. Landis

I didn't expect to win but I thought top 3 was certainly possible. Finished 4th. In the money but very disappointing result. Nobody wants to hear my excuses. At least I got to see some friends I haven't seen in a while. Got some exercise. Didn't break myself or my bike. Got to eat a lot of cookies on the way home.

My dog was happy to see me so we went for a nice walk when I came home. She chased cats, I walked off some muscle soreness. Looking forward to a day off tomorrow from work to recoop.

1 comment: