Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Recovery makes you stronger!



Sometimes I get so caught up in my training, sometimes I'm just having loads of fun, but I can really wear myself down. This happened for the second straight year just before Mohican.



I guess May arrived, the sun came out, it was Bike Month and I started bike commuting like crazy. I was having fun. I felt good. Until I didn't. I made sure I was eating a ton and sleeping but sometimes too much is just too much!

I feel the need for speed so I have to start working on some intervals getting ready for the cross country mountain bike races. I'm going to keep up the cross training with some running, weights and core but I will make sure I fully rest 1-2 days a week. I'll have a little ADD because some of the cross training is for Cyclocross, and I will also have to keep an eye on my miles with the late summer Endurance races in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment