Friday, March 16, 2012

Base Miles!



Wow! Sorry I've been a bit behind in some of my tales. When I haven't been working I've been training a lot getting ready for another year of racing and my first marathon.

I love the new phone, I can capture some of the crazy and beautiful things I see while cycling and running. My only wish is that I had a camera installed behind my retinas that could instantly snap what I was seeing without having to stop and get out of the saddle!

January I ended up training 601 miles (compared to 404mi in 2011), and 825mi in February (634mi in 2011). I wanted to bring up more base into the early part of the season with long runs (and a lot of recovery needed) for the Flying Pig Marathon in early May.

The last few weeks I've been added the intensity back in. I hope to keep my nose to the grindstone so I have my strongest year ever as I get set to face the Pros.

No comments:

Post a Comment