Monday, January 12, 2009

Bollocks it's winter


I took a nice vacation from the bike in December. Just road about 100 miles, mainly just for fun. Unfortunately my rest was followed by a sick week in bed and then a week on a ladder repainting our bathroom.

The past two days I have been getting back into it and I have had a couple of really fun rides. I took my Jamis road bike out and decided to take it off road. I have all weather tires and it was pretty fun sliding through the muddy spots.

Tonight I commuted home and did a "cemetary" crit afterward. There is a run-down cemetary near our house and the pavement is rough and fun to ride on. I did some laps for half an hour.

Here is a suggested week of off-season training I found:

Monday: Off
Tuesday: Cross training, walk, hike, run, row, swim, etc.
Wednesday: Rest or active recovery
Thursday: 1 hour: Upper end aerobic workout, either SST, threshold or vo2max intervals.
Friday: Rest or active recovery
Saturday: Group Ride
Sunday: Up to you: A group ride or mtb ride at moderate tempo or cross training.

Source: Cyclocross Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment