Thursday, March 3, 2011

And this little Piggie went Wee Wee Wee all the Way Home

I am getting ready for my first half marathon later this month. I never ran all the way home but I do short "commutes" by running infrequently. Tonight I'm going to run 11.5 miles home punishing myself on Cincinnati's hills.

It's nice to see my pace getting faster as the weather warms. I run 10 min/mi when it's cold and end up running around 8 min/mi by the time the race comes around. I hope to run a sub-1:45 half marathon, and I would really love to run a sub-1:38 but I don't want to kill myself.

I really love trail running and several parks in the area are my secret training bases for the Heart Mini (a hilly running race that benefits the American Heart Association). Probably more of my runs in the next couple weeks will be off-road to prevent fatigue/injury due to impact (from running on asphalt). These secret training bases are Ault Park in Hyde Park and Red Bird Hollow in Indian Hill. I also hope all this running makes my bones stronger so I can survive all the gnarly MTB and CX crashes I usually have.

No comments:

Post a Comment