Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bicycle Friendly?


So the League of American Bicyclists announced their lists of Bicycle friendly cities, states and businesses.

Cincinnati is a new member of the "Bronze" level. I am really happy with the advances we have made the past few years. I can commute thousands of miles a year and feel like I have some decent options to get around. I do admit, some days certain "agro" drivers really test these views on our progress.

I'm not sure why Ohio is so far down the list, it looks like we are doing pretty well with legislation and enforcement. Perhaps it is the number of cyclists in our state, or the number of cyclists registered with LAB...

Bloomington is the most bicycle-friendly of the local cities, although I would like to nominate Yellow Springs for next year's ranking.


No comments:

Post a Comment