Monday, December 8, 2008

CX Wrap-up

My season came to a close at the final Cap City race. When the weather gets cold I loose my motivation to race. I still like riding in the cold I just can't seem to muster up the motivation to push myself really hard. So, my season ended in my worst finish of the season 6/10. I made a pretty big mistake by not warming up enough and although I got the early "holeshot" my legs quickly filled with junk and I was spun off the back. Ouch. The rest of the race I rode like a big baby. My season overall went pretty good, I would have liked to have had a win but I'll take the upgrade as it will set me up to get even faster and stronger next year.

Big time kudos to Andy J for really putting together an awesome series. Putting on races is a somewhat thankless job and involves a lot of labor so thanks again Andy.

So, fast forward to 2009 and I am setting up my evil, secret, training plan. My plan for next year though is to travel a little more and hit some more 12 Hour / Marathon races. I seem to enjoy those races the most. In the meantime, my new powertap computer came back, (thanks Saris) and I'll be running and working the very neglected core muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment