Monday, December 15, 2008

Inspiration for 2009


An old webisode of the Two Johns' Podcast referenced this film from France, it is called Le Vélo de Ghislain Lambert. John G mentioned he had watched it while in France. The cinematography is stunning and I really love this era of cycling. I just purchased a used copy off Amazon, so Merry early Christmas to me!

UPDATE: My copy has arrived! There is only one problem...Amazon's description of the movie said there were English subtitles and unfortunately there are none! So I am using every ounce of my high school French to keep up, which is difficult because the visuals are so stunning and there are many thick accents, some belonging to cyclists that are Italian, etc.

I do love the film. It is a bittersweet story that is far from a Hollywood tale. While filled with many comedic moments it uses your laughter to draw you into a character that is very real and not always a good guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment