Friday, December 24, 2010

Make Your New Year's Resolution a Lifestyle Choice


This is a great story of a Grandmother who faced life-ending circumstances and chose a fun, active lifestyle to prevent another heart attack. It goes to show that it is never too late.

When I turned 30 I was sitting in a Paris café eating a delicious, indulgent dessert. I realized that if I wanted to come back and live in France after I retire that perhaps I wouldn't get to eat these desserts. I was a smoker and obese, I'm not exaggerating, I was over 30% body fat and I ran out of breath tying my shoes. I would likely have diabetes since it runs on both sides of my family. And what if I wouldn't get to retirement? Being obese I was at higher risk of heart disease.

So I decided turned my life around. I found ways to make exercise fun, I found if I didn't put too much pressure on myself at first that I would improve with persistence. It was a thrill to go out and run farther and faster with each workout.

If anyone reading this wants to pursue a more active lifestyle feel free to contact me with any questions. I would be happy to give any advice and even set up novice running and/or cycling training plans to get you on your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment