Friday, May 13, 2011

Bike Month!

On the Right Track from Mayor Sam Adams on Vimeo.



This is a cool video about some bike lane experiments in Portland. I'm excited about Cincinnati adding over 100 miles of bike lanes, but when I have a bead experience with a car I wish the 2015 deadline for these lanes were sooner.

Queen City Bike is putting on a lot of great events for Bike to Work Day (and Week), it's fun to see people get excited about cycling and with the gas at over $4 a gallon this might be the perfect time to recruit new commuters. My friend Tim is creating a cool challenge for himself, commuting only by bike for 3 weeks.

I've been commuting a lot more this month, I typically ride 4-6 commutes per week. I'm excited about bike month!

Bike Month Week 1:
8 commutes for a total of 60 miles, I think I saved about $25 in gas and $14 versus the Metro Bus.

Bike Month Week 2:
11 commutes for a total of 84 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment